Week 5 - June 24, 2019

Hello everybody! I've now officially been in the field for a week. I'm in El Paso, Texas for now, which is funny because they talked about New Mexican culture a bit in training, and it doesn't even really apply anymore.

But it's been great! I haven't taught a lot of lessons yet (mostly just because I haven't been here long), but I have met a lot of really cool people. We have a person being baptized in a couple weeks, which is awesome, and it was great to meet with her, but most of the teaching with her so far was done before I got here. I'm sure as we continue to meet with her, however, I'll get to know her more. We have a couple other people we're teaching, and it's been awesome to hear all of their testimonies. Some of them don't yet have testimonies of the Book of Mormon, but they have a really strong faith in Christ and really interesting stories they've shared of how they got that faith.

I've seen (and I will continue to see, I'm sure) how Christ and His gospel can help everyone in their lives.

Sometimes it's easy to get in the mindset of thinking that sharing the gospel is hard, but as missionaries, and especially as members, showing Christlike love by being friends and helping them with whatever they need, physically or emotionally, is sharing the gospel. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love everyone, and when we love others, we are sharing that.

Well, I think that's pretty much everything I have to say for now, so I hope you all have a good week and thanks for all your support!

-Elder Coleman


** Below are photos I found on the Facebook page of Ethan's mission.  Looks like a training meeting they had with the mission president.



Mt. Franklin Zone in El Paso, TX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 - June 4, 2019

Holiday Season / New Year

Week 4 - June 17, 2019