Week 2 - June 4, 2019

Hey Everyone!

The MTC is great! I mean, it's kind of hard and it's very busy, with not much free time except for p-days, and even then, there's things we have to do that can eat up a decent amount of time. Of course, if it wasn't the way it is, missionaries couldn't head out to the field in just three weeks (or a couple more depending on the language), so they know what they're doing. Also, the time is spent doing important things to make us better missionaries and better people.

I've been pretty good. It's weird to always have to be with my companion, Elder Noyes, but with classes and devotionals and such, I'm with my whole district for a lot of the time, so it doesn't feel too weird. Elder Noyes is cool; he's from Nevada and worked for like a year after high school as a hunting guide in different places like Alaska. Every elder in my district actually took a year or more off before heading out, so I think that's cool that we all have that in common. Elder Noyes and two other elders and a sister in my district are also going to the New Mexico Albuquerque mission, along with some sisters outside our district.

Because my p-days are Tuesdays and I'm leaving the MTC next Monday, this is my last p-day here before I head to New Mexico. The classes and roleplays and things like that have been awesome, if a little overwhelming or out of my comfort zone at times.

Oh yeah, I'm actually a little sick right now, but it's just a cold, and it's already passing, so it's all good. They make sure we eat well (as in enough food, not necessarily good food, but it's not bad either; they have a lot of options like cereal, fruit, soup, salad, wraps, and stuff) and get enough sleep, with exactly 8 hours scheduled for sleeping and a little extra time before bed so we can go to bed earlier if we want.

I've also seen a couple elders who were in my quorum at BYU, so that's really cool.

I can't think of anything else to add, so I'll sign off here. Thanks for the support!

-Elder Coleman

Elder Coleman's MTC District -
most are going to his same mission


Ethan tried to describe this painting to us, but I
failed to understand just how large it is.
It is located in the new classroom building of the MTC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Season / New Year

Week 4 - June 17, 2019